Re: global name question

From: Vincent Ventrone <vav_at_brandeis.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 13:14:18 -0500

> Here is the scenario
> in init.ora: db_domain= (not set)
> db_name=ORCL8
>
> select * from global_name give 'ORACLE'
> How is it possible? And how correct it? I would like 'ORCL8' in
> place.

The initial value for global_name is set at DB create time based on the values of these (2) init.ora parameters at the time the DB is created -- what was db_name set to when the DB was created? My guess it was either set to ORACLE or nothing in which case, on most platforms, the default name is ORACLE. Received on Thu Nov 15 2001 - 12:14:18 CST