export database

From: Roben Zhang <lzhang_at_opentext.com>
Date: 15 Nov 2001 07:02:16 -0800

Hi, All

I tried to export a database to another in the same computer. But i got the message saying: "The wizard can only be launched when the application is connected to the Oracle Management Server(OMS). Launch the application and connect the OMS before trying to launch the wizard again."

I am working on Oracle 8.1.6 in NT Server.

My steps are as followings:
Start -> Programs -> Oracle - OraHome81 -> Database Administration -> DBA Studio and select radio 'Launch DBA Studio Standalone'. In window Oracle DBA Studio, highlight the database i want to export and select Tools -> Data Management -> Export. Then i will get that message.

Is this the right way to do export? How can i get rid of this message.

If i select radio 'Login to the Oracle Management Server' and login, i will get a message saying: "VTK-1002:The Oracle Management Server you are trying to connect to is still in the process of initialization. Please wait for it to start up completely and then try logging in again." I have already started Oracle Management Server.

Should i select this radio?

Any comments are appreciated.

Luping
lzhang_at_opentext.com Received on Thu Nov 15 2001 - 09:02:16 CST