ORA-00942: table or view does not exist error

From: Kock, Gerd <GKock_at_pdv-Online.de>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 07:50:08 +0100

Hi Sunil,

the documentation says to PLS 707 that either
- a call was made to a remote subprogram that has a parameter type or
default expression not supported at the calling site
- an incomplete upgrade or downgrade was done to a database that has
stored procedures. Perhaps incorrect versions of system packages such as STANDARD.SQL were installed.
- a compiler bug was encountered. In such cases, legal PL/SQL syntax
will fail to compile.

Action:
- revise the logic of the application to use parameter types and default
expressions that are supported at both the local and remote sites.
- complete the upgrade or downgrade properly, making sure to install
correct versions of all system packages.
- report the legal-syntax error to Oracle Customer Support. If there are
line and column numbers displayed with the error message, they might help you find a workaround. For example, try recoding the offending line to avoid the bug.

Hope that helps
Gerd Kock
www.Baltic-IT-Service.de