Re: snapshot master table export!

From: Trister <jonathan_at_ms35.url.com.tw>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 03:03:29 GMT

devnull_at_ronr.nl (Ronald) wrote:

>jonathan_at_ms35.url.com.tw (Trister ) wrote in message news:<9sq246$3ju$1_at_news.seed.net.tw>...
>> i have a table A which has a snapshot B in remote site.
>>
>> when i export ,then truncate,drop,import table A in master sit,
>>
>> then snapshot B refresh failure in romote site.
>>
>> If I want to reorganize table A, how should I do?

>How about DBMS_SNAPSHOT.BEGIN_TABLE_REORGANIZATION() before you begin
>the reorganization and DBMS_SNAPSHOT.END_TABLE_REORGANIZATION() when
>you are ready ?
>Maybe it is smarter not to drop the table; you already truncated it.

>Ronald.

Thanks for your reply, Ronald. But , my db version is 8.0.6..  and seem not support " DBMS_SNAPSHOT.BEGIN_TABLE_REORGANIZATION"(I have check it out with my consultant and he told me there is a bug in 8.0.6)
The point is my manager ask me to reorganization these tables monthly. How should I do? Received on Wed Nov 14 2001 - 21:03:29 CST