Re: Writing to a file on the client

From: Ubiquitous <weberm_at_polaris.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 02:30:48 GMT

In article <eD2G7.238$oM5.33882_at_typhoon.mw.mediaone.net>, potterrb_at_mediaone.net wrote...

>I would like to use DBMS_OUTPUT or UTL_FILE or some other package to write
>to a file on an Oracle client machine. I have a procedure right now in the
>database (on a Sun server) that writes to a file in a directory on the Sun
>server. I would like to be able to write to a file on a Windows client
>machine when the procedure is invoked from a client app written in Oracle
>Forms 6.

Is writing the file and FTPing it to the Windows machine unacceptable?

"This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System.  This is only a test.
Had this been an actual emergency, you'd be writhing on the ground in
unspeakable agony, bleeding from every orifice, with your blackened skin
falling away in ragged strips."