Can't connect to 8.1.7!?

From: Glen A Stromquist <stromqgl_at_nospa_alpac.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:59:05 GMT

I just installed an 8.1.7 DB on win2k, everything was working good, could connect via sqlplus from a remote machine, and had it set up in OEM on a remote machine with a dbrun event. Now I cant connect at all, the listener is up & running, but I can't tnsping the machine. The services show the agent is running, but when I type dbsnmp_status from LSNRCTL it says the db subagent is not started, if I type dbsnmp_start it returns me to the LSNRCTL prompt but nothing has happened. When I look under task manager it shows dbsnmp.exe is a running process.

I suspect perhaps that one of the network guys may have assigned a static IP address to the machine over the weekend, other than that nothing has changed to my knowledge. The machine name remained the same, which is how I set it up with net8.

When I try to get OEM to refresh the node, it fails.

ideas? Received on Wed Nov 14 2001 - 15:59:05 CST