sqlplus or svrmgrl cannot start in Solaris7 X86

From: Eric Wang <zmwang_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 16:11:29 -0500

Hi there!
I find I cannot start sqlplus or svrmgrl in my Solaris7 X86 box after an Oracle 8.1.5 installation. When I issue the command (sqlplus, or svrmgrl), an error appears as follows:

ld.so.1: sqlplus: fatal: libjava.so: open failed. No such file or directory

I was suggedted to add an environment variable in the .profile, i.e   LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME\lib
I did it, but still didn't work.
I re-installed the Solaris7 and Oracle 8.1.5 and the installations were successful without any error, but when starting sqlplus, it didn't work, I don't know why. I have never seen such problem before, in fact I have installed the Oracle8.1.5 in the same machine and started Oracle successfully several times before. I really feel frustrated.

Eric Received on Wed Nov 14 2001 - 15:11:29 CST