Export a database

From: Roben Zhang <lzhang_at_opentext.com>
Date: 14 Nov 2001 13:08:46 -0800

Hi,

I tried to copy data from one database to another in the same computer with NT server OS. I got a message saying:

"The wizard can only be launched when the application is connected to the Oracle Management Server(OMS). Launch the application and connect to the OMS Before trying to launch the wizard again."

by doing the following:
Start -> Programs -> Oracle - OraHome81 -> Database Administration -> DBA Studio (select radio Launch DBA Studio standalone). and then highlight the database i am going to export and select Tools
-> Data Management -> Export.

I have started the Management Server service in Services of control panel. My oracle version is Oracle 8.1.6.

Anyone can tell me what should i do to start the export? Thanks in advance.

Roben Received on Wed Nov 14 2001 - 15:08:46 CST