Re: Connection manager (setup error)

From: Jeff <jeff_at_work.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:14:42 GMT

In article <5f8af180.0111131806.267f72fe_at_posting.google.com>, dominica_l_at_yahoo.com (Dominica Leung) wrote:

>My question is ?
>Is there any daemon, I need to turn ON
>for the CMAN-server side???

Yes. CMCTL is the control utility that you need to do so.

>Also, what should be the cman.ora look like in ops002,the client
>side, I am assuming that file should NOT exist at all.

What you had listed as cman.ora on 001 was actually sqlnet.ora. You should read the online documentation (go search Oracle's web site for "configuring connection manager" or "cman.ora") for the proper cman.ora setup. You are correct in that cman.ora does not belong on the client side. Received on Wed Nov 14 2001 - 07:14:42 CST