Re: Large RollbackSegment

From: Thomas Jegen <thomas.jegen_at_webspot.ch>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:08:48 +0100

Roland Carlsson wrote:

> Hi!
> I have got a really large rollbacksegment. It's about twice the size of the
> rest of the database and have of some reason grown very quickly the last
> month. Is there a rollbackAll command I can do to be able to shrink the size
> of the databasefile??
>
> Thanks in advance
> Roland Carlsson

Use

alter rollback segment <your segment> shrink

Optinally you can set a size you want the rollback segment to shrink to. If you don't it will be shrunk to the size you specified with the optimal parameter upon creation of the segent.

By the way this information can be found in the Oracle Documentation quite easily.

--

more than internet

worldwide consulting for Oracle, Linux, Internet ...

w.e.b.s.p.o.t
http://www.webspot.ch

mailto:info_at_webspot.ch