Easy SQL Question?

From: Carole Kaufman <carolek_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 13 Nov 2001 20:02:00 -0800

I want to pull records for the past 4.5 hours, based on the time the query runs. I know that if I want records for the past 24 hours, I say:

Last_Update_Tstamp>= (sysdate-1)

This runs fast; I'm happy. BUT, how do I get the past 4.5 hours? In DB2 I'd add 'hours' after 4.5, but this is Oracle. So I tried

Last_Update_Tstamp>=(Sysdate - 0.19).

This runs slowly if at all...so it must be wrong.

What is the right way? Received on Tue Nov 13 2001 - 22:02:00 CST