Problem with backup using RMAN breaking Procedure utilitizing fopen() - 9i HELP!

From: Michael Kers <m.k_at_mailandnews.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 18:33:16 GMT

Hello,

I have a server running 9.0.1.1.1 (9i) on Windows 2000 Server. I have a Predefined backup (default) running on my database every 24 hours. The backup itself succeeds, and the database appears to restart normally. Read and writing to the database is fine before and after.

There is a procedure that runs occasionally on the same server that accesses the database that is backed up. This procedure uses utl_file.fopen() to create a new file and writes some data to it.

Before the backup being run (after say a machine restart) the procedure will run fine repeatedly. After a backup the procedure will fail on the fopen().

init.ora is set correctly, path statement is fine (remember everything runs great before backup).

Why would this thing just quit working after a backup? Is something not restarting (NT Oracle service?) or is oracle loading the wrong init.ora file?

Thanks in advance for any help / insights Mike Received on Tue Nov 13 2001 - 12:33:16 CST