Can't start sqlplus or svrmrgl after installation.

From: Eric Wang <zmwang_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:03:29 -0500

Hi!
I really have frustrated in starting either sqlplus or svrmgrl after installing Oracle8.1.5 in X86 Solaris7 box. I have checked the PATH environment variable is right. When issuing the command sqlplus or svrmgrl, the following error message apperas: "ld.so.1: fatal: libjava.so: open failed. No such filer or directory."

I have tried both create a database and not create a database two installation options.
Any ideas what could be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance --- anyone that has an idea, I'm open,

Eric Wang. Received on Tue Nov 13 2001 - 12:03:29 CST