Single-Task Import

From: Charles J. Fisher <cfisher_at_rhadmin.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 16:41:50 GMT

Browsing through an 8.0.5-HPUX reference, I saw a short mention of "single task" versions import/export/sqlldr. These binaries are generated with:

	cd $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib
	make -f ins_rdbms.mk expst impst sqlldrst

To my surprise, I found that this command also works on 8.1.7-SUSE.

The (scant) documentation mentions that these versions are faster (and require more memory), but I find no documentation on their usage.

Do these versions require the server to be in startup restrict mode? What other caveats, if any, attend their operation?

    / Charles J. Fisher              | Enlightenment: the realization        /
   /  cfisher_at_rhadmin.org            |   that your 100 line Perl script     /
  /   http://rhadmin.org:81          |   can be reimplemented as a 5 line  /
 /                                   |   shell script.                    /