Re: Odbc compatibility

From: John R. Jones <jjones_at_openlinksw.co.uk>
Date: 13 Nov 2001 07:45:19 -0800

Hi there,

You may want to check out http://www.openlinksw.co.uk for ODBC Drivers.
Using the OpenLink Multi Tier components you can use the same Driver installation to access Both Instances of the your Oracle database.

Depending on how your database's are installed (if on the same machine) you can configure a single OpenLink Server installation to connect to both as stated above.

Regarding your issue, if the database's are installed on the same database server machine, you may find that some of the library files, naming conventions have changed. While the actual file is the same as that used in an older installation of the database, the later version installer may have altered the name of a specific Library file.

If you can determin the name of the file/s you can probably resolve such problems by creating a copy of the files and renaming the copy to it's former name ???

Hope this helps

Best regards

John