Re: schedule shutdown

From: Sybrand Bakker <oradba_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 14:32:03 +0100

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001 12:26:38 GMT, anlommel_at_gmx.de (Andreas Lommel) wrote:

>Hi! I want to shutdown my instance with the schedule service on
>windows nt. The script works, but when it is executed the instance
>will not shutdown.
>
>(1.bat)
>@echo off
>set oracle_sid=abc
>C:\orant\bin\svrmgr30 @shutdown_db_abc.sql
>exit
>
>(shutdown_db_abc.sql)
>connect internal/abcps_at_abc as sysdba
>shutdown abort
>exit
>Who can help ?

I would simply use
oradim80 -shutdown -shuttype i -shutmode srvc,inst -password ...

(type oradim80 help for exact options)

I know for a fact this does work.
You shouldn't use a shutdown abort on a regular shutdown.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Nov 13 2001 - 07:32:03 CST