Re: External Procedure or Java Stored Procedure

From: Spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 22:25:08 GMT

FYI in preliminary testing of "external procedures" (written in C) with Oracle 8.0.6.0.0 (32-bit) on HP-UX 11.0, the memory used by a session increased over 10MB. this was 10MB memory for each session that made a call to the external procedure. yikes!

things may have changed with 8i (and 9i)... the biggest change being, of course, the introduction of java.