ORA-02030 & Tablespaces

From: Michael Knox <mikeknox9_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 21:25:26 GMT

I've got Oracle 8i up and running it looks like -- thanks to Marty's help.

When I run: "grant select on....", I get error message: "ORA-02030: can only select from fixed tables/views"

Also, For the Jasmine ii Portal I'm setting up, I need to do the following:

Create a non-system tablespace for the portal metadata. Check by issuing command:

    select segment_name, tablespace_name, status from sys.dba_rollback_segs;

Allow select access to the v$parameter table:

    grant select on v$parameter to public

Increase Oracle cursor limit to 255:

    open_cursor=255

So I go to a command prompt, run svrmgrl, connect internal/oracle, and then....?

I got the tablespace _name, obviously, since I just created it, but what is segment_name and v$parameter?

Sorry if this seems horribly newbie-ish Any hand-holding is greatly appreciated. Received on Mon Nov 12 2001 - 15:25:26 CST