Re: Oracle 8 performance

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 22:23:27 +0100

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001 21:49:26 +0100, "Thierry" <thierry.constant2_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a Oracle8i database on WNT 4.0
>I have have slow performances, with degradation a long the time...
>What are the steps to analyse it ?
>
>defragmentation ? how ?
>Index ? how ?
>Exp/imp ?
>
>Have some URL where I can find these kind of informations ....
>
>Thanks

Oracle Performance Tuning manual.
You don't provide any clue as to what is going on. Start running utlbstat and utlestat,
determine the buffer cache hit rate
and the library cache hit rate.
Check from report.txt generated by utlestat whether full table scans are going on, or excessive disks sorts or row chaining.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Nov 12 2001 - 15:23:27 CST