External Procedure or Java Stored Procedure

From: Steve Johnson <johnst_at_ncs.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:19:40 -0600

I have a program written in either (C++ or Java) which I need to call from an Oracle Stored Procedure.

Is it more efficient to call the program as an external procedure (C++) or put the Java into the database and call a Java Stored Procedure? This program will get called very frequently, possibly thousands of times a day. I'm using Oracle 8.1.6.3 and HP 11.

What are the Pro's and Con's?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks... Received on Mon Nov 12 2001 - 12:19:40 CST