Re: Oracle slipping, anyone else feel the same way. SAP to take over?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 14:17:46 -0000

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t269-s2098974,00.html.

> >Interesting. Particularly this bit:
> >. "The loss of key staff, difficulties with external consultants,
> >evident low morale, and lack of coordination among those directly
> >involved with (the project) are strongly suggestive of managerial
> >failings," it added.
>
> It's OK, we've got some of the lost staff sitting downstairs, they're
> really quite useful. :-)
>
> As I understand it there were systematic project management failings,
> changing requirements, inadequate consultation with end-users, lack of
> control over external contractors. Usual stuff.

I imagined that this was rather the case, especially as it looks as if KPMG got slated at least as hard as the Uni and Oracle. Thanks for the link to the report though

> [1] I can confirm that junior academics are quite capable of organising
> piss-ups in breweries.

Senior academics of course don't need to organise piss-ups in breweries as they have the college cellars to draw upon.

Niall

who 1) once came across some brewery executives who managed to organise a piss up starting at a closed pub!
and 2) has a relation who is master of an Oxford college and so has a lot of time for academics. Received on Mon Nov 12 2001 - 08:17:46 CST