Re: message 4505 -- HELP NEEDED

From: Roman Mirzaitov <rmirzaitov_at_kt.kg>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 06:42:18 GMT

In article <3BEF5D61.271F7487_at_uniserve.com>, snyper says...

>All,
>
>I just installed Oracle 8i on Soloris, when I run svrmgrl I get this
>message, I'm new to Oracle and Solaris, being a MS-SQL DBA, I wanted to
>better myself, lol. Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Oracle Server Manager Release 3.1.7.0.0 - Production
>
>Message 4505 not found; No message file for product=SVRMGR, facility=MGR
>
>Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12571
>

>Thanks in advance,
>
>snyper

Hi,
This is the description:

TNS-12571 TNS:packet writer failure
Cause: An error occurred during a data send. This message is not normally visible to the user.
Action: For further details, turn on tracing and re-execute the operation. If the error persists, contact Oracle Customer Support.

And also check for existence of $ORACLE_HOME/network/mesg directory. (tns*.* files)
--
Roman Mirzaitov
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Administration