OPS not working properly.

From: Manish <manish1000_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Nov 2001 10:44:17 -0800

Hi All

I have an OPS configuration in UNIX with 2 instances (A1 and A2) and failover cluster
(A) which is connecting to A1 by default and if A1 is down, it
connects to A2.
Both A1 A1 and A2 is connencting to the database AA. There are some synonyms
(SY) in AA which are connecting to the objects in remote database BB
thru the
database link (DL).

I am able to use SY by A1 as usual but when I use it by A or A2, it gives the
error "TNS could not resolve the service-name." I have checked TNSNAMES.ORA
file, definition of DL, SY etc but everything is OK. I am able to create the
sqlplus session in BB from A/A2 as usual using the same login as used in DL.

Further our application server is on NT and having the same environment as
UNIX. From there, I am able to use SY with A1/A2/A perfectly.

I need your help to resolve this problem at the earliest. Thanks in advance.

Manish Received on Sat Nov 10 2001 - 12:44:17 CST