Re: data file compact

From: ed zappulla <zappullae_at_rcn.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 13:12:59 -0500

Compacting refers to the process where by holes in data files are deframented and the data file shrunk to release unused space.

We do have the table spaces on auto extend. purposfully. our thought was that it was needed to allow for growth.

Dose Oracle not reuse table space if auto extend is on, extend before reusing freed space?