process information

From: Josef Rick <J.Rick_at_Debitel.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 22:45:22 +0100

Hi,
I’m looking for some information about a problem :

We use a RS6000 running AIX to run Oracle 7.3 Server. Up to 20 applikation run on the same system. And 50 to 100 Client’s running ORACLE FORMS 4.0 on WinNT connect by network. The system woks fine, but from time to time we get a performance leak. There a up to 5 procees named oracle which takes a lot of cpu resources. Killing the processes the system goes on working fine. But we get no information about the processes. I only know they have a parent id 1. this means they are working for a crashed local process or they are working for a forms –network connection. Maybe parts of the network crashed, or the pc are switched off or something else happed. But how to proteced our server system ? so we need some information about the processes. But on which way. Hopefully someone know to determine some information about the problem .
A lot of thanks
J. Rick
J Rick_at_debitel.net Received on Fri Nov 09 2001 - 15:45:22 CST