Help with Starting failed service

From: Michael Knox <mikeknox9_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 19:34:01 GMT

The Oracle Service "OracleOraHome81ManagementServer" fails to start (when I try to manually start it) eith Error: 0203 The system couldnot find the environment option that was entered.

I've been having a lot of problems just getting Oracle instaleld and running. I've uninstalled and re-installed twice already.

Mainly my goal is to get in to the database, and configure the port that it listens on so that the Jasmine ii Portal can connect to it...

I'm horribly new to this, have bought a book (Oracle 8i Beginner's Guide), and scanned through the newsgroups, Oracle setup documentation, etc. -- but none of it really seems to help with the problems I'm having. I'm sure it's something quite stupid that I'm not doing -- any ideas?

Thanks --

mk Received on Fri Nov 09 2001 - 13:34:01 CST