Re: How to become sysdba function? - newbie

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 23:07:12 +1100

Yes, well.... obscenities will get you nowhere.

Try fucking reading the manual.

And then try learning about the "as sysdba" connection, what a Privileged User is, what the Privileged Actions are, and do some work for yourself.

And when you've quite calmed down, and can approach this group with something approaching civility, you will learn that connect sys/oracle as sysdba is the default log in for the SYS user in a mode capable of shutting a database down.

This has been discussed so many times on this particular forum, it's extraoradinary that it still comes up as an issue.

And when you've finally shut your database down, wash your mouth out and learn how to behave.