Re: Oracle ODBC Driver not listed

From: Niles Ritter <nritter_at_elite.com>
Date: 8 Nov 2001 17:29:58 -0800

dfs001_at_yahoo.com (Dale Shultz) wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> You should have a registry entry under HKLM/Software/ODBC/odbcinst.ini
> which points to your driver at ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqora32.dll.
>
> - Dale Shultz

I ran into the same problem recently, and all of the registry settings were fine. It looks to me like a bug in the 3.52 Microsoft ODBC manager, that doesn't necessarily list all of the good drivers. My evidence for this is that there were other drivers that used to be visible but have now vanished after (something?) was upgraded. Completely purging the Oracle registry and re-installing had no effect. I suspect M$oft.

I finally had to create a DSN (call it MyDSN) for my driver by creating a DSN "MyDSN" for another (listed) driver, and then go into REGEDT32 and editing the registry key

  HKLM/Software/ODBC/ODBC.INI/MyDSN Driver

and setting it to the appropriate SQORA32.DLL path, and then editing

  HKLM/Software/ODBC/ODBC.INI/ODBC Data Sources/MyDSN

and changing its value to "Oracle in OraHome81" or whatever your oracle driver is named. Then you can go into the ODBC Driver manager and configure that System DSN with the appropriate configuration logic.

It works just fine!

  --Niles.