Create materialized views

From: Peter Shvets <pshvets_at_powermarket.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 15:16:29 -0800

Hello everybody on this group.
We are getting a weird error when try to run a few SQL scripts for creating materialized views as batch.
So we have a SQL script with something like following:

    set echo on
prompt mv1
@mv1;

prompt mv2
@mv2;

prompt mv3
@mv3;

end of file

mv2 uses mv1 in the FROM clause.
The problem is that mv2 creation fails every time with the following error:

    ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
    ORA-00942: table or view does not exist If the same script, mv2.sql run again it succeeds. As a temporary solution we run this script twice:

    set echo on
prompt mv1
@mv1;

prompt mv2
@mv2;

@mv2;

prompt mv3
@mv3;

end of file

Any hints? Ideas?
Please help!
Thank you in advance!

Peter. Received on Thu Nov 08 2001 - 17:16:29 CST