Oracle 9i install on W2000

From: Alan <desertflowerln_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Nov 2001 14:47:11 -0800

I realize with 9i, if you want to install a 'Custom' Oracle database Enter. Edition, you can NOT select 'Enterprise Edition' and hoping in the next screen you can select either 'typical', 'minimal' or
'custom', just like in 8i. In 9i, there is a 'Enterprise Edition'
choice at the begining, but after that the rest is all automated. Oracle will dictate what products to install and user will have no choice in selecting component products.

To perform an equivalent 'Custom' install as in 8i, user needs to choose 'Custom' at the same screen where 'Enterprise Edition',
'Standard Edition' and 'Personal Edition' is displayed. Not only is
this confusing for people that are familiar with 8i or 7.x install, but it raises an interesting question. Since I have to do a 'Custom' to filter out some products and keep some products, how do I ensure I install all the standard products/features that comes with Enterprise Edition with this new install process?

-Alan Received on Thu Nov 08 2001 - 16:47:11 CST