When Can I Run Analyze?

From: David LeJeune <dlejeune_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Nov 2001 08:45:46 -0800

Hi -

Can a full COMPUTE analyze be run for a schema (i.e. let's say I put an execution of dbms_utility.analyze_schema into my cron to be run once a day) even if the database is a real-time system.

Let's say the database is processing hundreds of transactions per second, what is the best methodology for analyzing the schema? Can it be safely done while the transactions are occuring (w/ a 24x7 system I don't have much of a choice unfortunately).

Thanks,
=-Dave L. Received on Thu Nov 08 2001 - 10:45:46 CST