Re: English was Re: Why can't we scroll the window with the middle button?

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 8 Nov 2001 03:23:36 -0800

Nicholas Carey <ncarey_at_speakeasy.org> wrote in message news:<Xns9152D4989830Cncareyspeakeasyorg_at_207.126.101.92>...
> On 06 Nov 2001, pagesflames_at_usa.net (Dusan Bolek) spake and
> said:
> I take it that you are not a native speaker of English. I'll give
> you a grammar tip, and then some references for useful books for
> writers.
> Isn't English fun?

Thanks a lot. My problem is that my English is sufficient to communicate with others. However they're two different things, ability to communicate and looking as professional. My occupation is something between IT expert and manager, the trouble is that both careers usually contains dealing with highly educated people with some level of English and my looks humble. Because I'm not a native speaker, my English will always be far from perfect, but I need to improve to the best possible level. I think that my way for better English will be some course in England and maybe one day when I'll be tired from my work, I'll move to some english speaking country, where salaries are low and DBA is a precious stuff. I can spent there a half year as DBA on some project and my English will be OK. :-)

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.