Re: reverse engineer

From: <mromka_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 06:18:11 GMT

In article <yomG7.1511$dy1.767594_at_news20>, IAmTheRepoMan says...

>Does anyone know/have a script that really will reverse engineer an Oracle
>8i db? I'm looking for something that will capture users (with tablespaces
>and quotas), tables (partitions and clusters) and procedures (both headers
>and bodies). Everything I've found so far doesn't quite cut it. I'm not
>against creating my own but don't wish to reinvent the wheel. I'd like to
>do this without a tool such as Toad, Embarcadero, Erwin or De$igner.

Hi,

my suggestion is Oracle Schema Manager from OEM suite. Did you try it?
You can create report on Instance, Schema, Security, Storage and also it supports User Defined reports. And store them in HTML or plain text or CSV. Maybe that is right tool for you.

--
Roman Mirzaitov
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Administration