Re: Which Tuning Method? System/Resource Tuning?

From: Vance Wu <vwu_at_anacomp.com>
Date: 7 Nov 2001 15:49:18 -0800

Hi Wisdom,

I'm not quite sure what you were saying about the directio because I'm not familiar with the Sun's hardware/admin configuration, here's my current vfstab file setting, would you please take a look my directio is setting correctly or not:

#device		device		mount		FS	fsck	mount	mount
#to mount	to fsck		point		type	pass	at boot	options
#
#/dev/dsk/c1d0s2 /dev/rdsk/c1d0s2 /usr		ufs	1	yes	-
fd		-		/dev/fd		fd	-	no	-
/proc		-		/proc		proc	-	no	-
/dev/vx/dsk/swapvol	-	-		swap	-	no	-
/dev/vx/dsk/rootvol /dev/vx/rdsk/rootvol /	ufs	1	no	-
/dev/vx/dsk/var	    /dev/vx/rdsk/var	/var	ufs	1	no	-
/dev/vx/dsk/home    /dev/vx/rdsk/home /export/home ufs	2	yes	-
swap		-		/tmp		tmpfs	-	yes	-
#NOTE: volume rootvol (/) encapsulated partition c0t0d0s0
#NOTE: volume swapvol (swap) encapsulated partition c0t0d0s1
#NOTE: volume var (/var) encapsulated partition c0t0d0s3 #NOTE: volume home (/export/home) encapsulated partition c0t0d0s7 /dev/vx/dsk/xtradg/xtra /dev/vx/rdsk/xtradg/xtra /xtra ufs 3 yes -
# smartstore
epwarchive:/EpwArchive	-	/epwarchive	nfs	-	yes	bg,nosuid
epwarchive:/EpwImage	-	/epwimage	nfs	-	yes	bg,nosuid
epwarchive:/SmartStor	-	/epwbackup	nfs	-	yes	bg,nosuid

Thanks,
Vance.