Oracle 9i on Red Hat 7.2 SQL*Net linking problem

From: Brett Collingwood <Brett.Collingwood_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 17:30:01 GMT

I am installing 9i on Red Hat 7.2 and have gotten it to work with one exception. When making SQL*Net I get an ld error: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnonc9. I have downgraded the binutils to 2.10.0.18 as suggested by a number of people and everything seems fine, (just the normal install hassles). All the network tool builds seem to fail no matter whether the install was performed by the GUI or when performed by a manual make.

Any advice that you could give on fixing/finding the proper library would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brett

Brett.Collingwood_at_home.com Received on Wed Nov 07 2001 - 11:30:01 CST