ORA-01555 Snapshot too old

From: Ralf Pickart <ralf.pickart_at_gmx.net>
Date: 7 Nov 2001 07:55:32 -0800

Hi,

I've a question about ORA-01555 and long running queries.

We get this error on a select because of the delayed block cleanout after a large insert into a table. Obviously Oracle uses the delayed block cleanout only on long running transactions.

Now we are looking for a workaround for this really nerving error and we're asking us what is a long running transaction? Especially we want to know how long a transaction may be before Oracle delays the block cleanout? Or is there another way to avoid this error?

Who knows the answer?

Regards
Ralf Received on Wed Nov 07 2001 - 09:55:32 CST