Re: processes not released, got ora-00020 error

From: Dinesh Sharma <dineshsharma_at_adityabirla.com>
Date: 7 Nov 2001 06:27:12 -0800

> > > You can kill the session with status inactive and last_call_et non-zero
> or high in v$session.
> >

> > I had a similar problem with MM earlier version where the connection
> pool is
> > used and the web users connect via connection pool. I wonder what is the
> > good solution cuz apparently this MM keeps increase the connection without
> > knowing how to release them. So, you actually can see a lot of idle
> connection
> > and even when users log off, the amount of connection opened is not
> decreased..
> > In other words, it only knows how to increase but not decrease. I had to
> do
> > "Alter system kill session 'sid, serial#'. sqlnet.expire_time didn't work
> > in my case. Are most software out there still do that?
> >

> > Allan W. Tham
> > DBA
>
> As to your last question: I am afraid so. The only solution I see is
> periodically run a script which determines which session a idle, write a
> kill -9 to script output and run that (on NT that would be orakill)
> You could experiment with idle_time in profile, but AFAIK that doesn't buy
> you much, as the client session will be disconnected, but the disconnection
> won't be complete until the client confirms the disconnect.
>
> Hth

I agree with allan,I have configured profile for max idle time of 30 minutes and I see lot of sessions with "SNIPED" status.They are still existent untill client action or killed by me.I am thinking of running a job to kill such sessions.
Can anyone tell me how much resource such SNIPED sessions consume?

Thanks

Dinesh Sharma
DBA Received on Wed Nov 07 2001 - 08:27:12 CST