Re: Error in oracle sqlplus login

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 21:37:45 +1100

It means you haven't started your Instance, and since Scott is not a Privileged User, he can't connect to actually issue the startup command. You'll need to log on as SYS with SYSDBA privileges to do that, but since you strangely omit all mention of what *version* of Oracle we're talking about, the specifics cannot be provided.

Regards
HJR

--

Oracle Resources : http://www.hjrdba.com