Re: processes not released, got ora-00020 error

From: godmann <allanwtham_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Nov 2001 18:43:01 -0800

Sybrand,

> You see the number of processes grow as the connection doesn't terminate
> with an explicit disconnect, they just leave the executable and that's it.
> As Oracle is fully two task, there is always a session being served by
> dedicated process, that are the oracle<sid> process entries you are seeing.
> You can kill the session with status inactive and last_call_et non-zero or
> high in v$session.

  I had a similar problem with MM earlier version where the connection pool is used and the web users connect via connection pool. I wonder what is the good solution cuz apparently this MM keeps increase the connection without knowing how to release them. So, you actually can see a lot of idle connection and even when users log off, the amount of connection opened is not decreased.. In other words, it only knows how to increase but not decrease. I had to do "Alter system kill session 'sid, serial#'. sqlnet.expire_time didn't work in my case. Are most software out there still do that?

Allan W. Tham
DBA Received on Tue Nov 06 2001 - 20:43:01 CST