Re: 9i doc testimonials?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 15:47:44 +0000

John Russell wrote:

> In Oracle9i, we did a makeover for the online database docs that you
> can see at http://tahiti.oracle.com. (With similar changes retrofit
> for the 8i docs, available at the same site.)
>
> For this year's OOW, we'll have a demo at the campground and would
> like to get some feedback from customers who have seen some benefit
> from the 9i doc enhancements -- learned about new features, found
> information through the search engine, saved time from redesigned
> features like the list of books or new features like the SQL / PL/SQL
> / SQL*Plus combined reference, and so on.
>
> If you have had positive experiences such as these [specifically with
> the 9i docs] and wouldn't mind being quoted, please drop me a line at
> john.russell @ oracle.com.
>
> Thanks,
> John

Hello John,

I have to concede I don't use the search capacity (via tahiti) that much (but I didn't make use of the old java one either).

But the things that stands out more than anything else about the 9i is the general improvement in quality. Feel free to quote me that I think its at least twice as good as the 8i stuff, to the extent, that despite any inconsistencies, I find it better to use the 9i doc for 8i databases (as well as 9i databases obviously)

Top notch!

Cheers
Connor

--