Re: English was Re: Why can't we scroll the window with the middle button?

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 6 Nov 2001 04:31:42 -0800

nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam (Nuno Souto) wrote in message news:<3be6709b.2665631_at_news>...
> >Actually your original use of suspect was just fine. I suspect that ...
> >perfectly covers your situation of 'I don't know for siure but I imagine...'
> >Suspect as a noun is pretty much exclusively used for 'person under criminal
> >investigation'. As a verb it has wide applicability.
> >

> And when all else fails, just say:
>
> I wonder...

I will dare to use this thread for one more completely off-topic question. I know that this newsgroup is definitely not a good place for asking such questions, but I could not find alt.english.forstupid newsgroup. :-)

<--Begin of offtopic
In minutes of meeting I need very often to describe something said in past about future. For example: Mr. No-need-for-name-here asked if our-product-name will be sold officially. Grammar checker in MS Word doesn't like this sentence and I got something as "Generally, if the first verb of a sentence is in the past tense, all subsequent verbs must be in the past tense" and also some examples. I do not think that computer grammar checker is a reliable source for these informations.
So I need to know if this is true. If I should use a past tense for all other verbs, then how can I know that we have been talking about something in future ?

End Of offtopic-->

Sorry again for this off-topic and thanks for reply.

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.