Re: Why choose MS Windows NT/2000 for in stead of Solaris?

From: C. Ferguson <c_ferguson_at_rationalconcepts.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 09:06:34 GMT

Well, I too have been wondering about the source of this rumour. So asked hubby dear, who works for Sun, what the scoop is.

<snip>
"> > 1. Oracle and Sun is working very close together (to bring down MS?)

> Well - I've heard that relationship is coming to an end. Sun is working on
> it's own database software - and that's something Larry doesn't like ...

Wrong. iPlanet Directory Server (LDAP service) has its own "built-in" default "database server" but Sun has no plans to have any products in the DBMS space. " </snip>

So, let's hear it from the rumour monger who keeps pushing this one...Who's your source?

regards,
cindy