Re: Newbie Help on import/export

From: Ron Reidy <rereidy_at_indra.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 13:53:28 -0700

Stefan Dohn wrote:

> Hey there, I have 2 Linux Servers whith Oracle
> 8.1.6 my boss told me to migrate all tablespaces
> from on maschine to the second. But I can not find
> a way to do this. Can someone tell me in detail
> how I can do that ? Yes, I see there are imp and exp,
> but how to use them in detail ?

1. Shutdown the instance on sevre 1.
2. Copy all files (control, log files, database files, password files, and init files) from server 1 to server 2. maintaining the files in the proper directories.
3. Set up the environment on server 2 (ORACLE_HOME, etc.) 4. Start the instance on server 2

--
Ron Reidy
Oracle DBA