Re: EXPORT / IMPORT Connect String

From: Harry Cage <reply_at_thru.news>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 14:43:10 -0600

> I had the excact same problem some time ago. The solution I found
> was to use environment variables with a \ before each = when using
> imp and exp. In my shell (tip: download and use cygwin if on NT to
> get a real shell) I use two environment variables for each database:
>
> echo $DB

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=db.host.com)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_D ATA=(SID=DB)))
> echo $DBie

(DESCRIPTION\=(ADDRESS\=(PROTOCOL\=TCP)(HOST\=db.host.com)(PORT\=1521))(CONN ECT_DATA\=(SID\=DB)))

> Use $DB for sqlplus and $DBie for imp and exp:
> sqlplus scott/tiger@$DB
> exp scott/tiger@$DBie file=... tables=\(a b c\) ...
>
> Instead of $DBie you can of course type the whole thing each time.
> But you migth have to type a \ before each ( and ). And \ or \\ before
each =.

> Kjetil

Kjetil, I can not adequately describe how much I appreciate your help, thank you so much for taking the time to explain that to me. I have wasted many many hours on this and was almost ready to give up.

H. Received on Mon Nov 05 2001 - 14:43:10 CST