Recovery Manager and Archive Log Files

From: Colin <colinwinning_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Nov 2001 08:51:38 -0800

Hi All,

I am currently in the process of implementing a backup startegy using rman. Oracle version is 8.1.5 and I am using a recovery catalog.

I can get the datafiles and control files backed up successfully doing a full database backup but I run into problems when backing up the archived log files.

The archived log files (from the previous months) have been backed up on to tape using Backup Exec and then deleted, so I only have the last couple of weeks archived log files on disk. Recovery manager obviously knows about all of the archived log files and falls over when trying to back them up because they no longer exist on disk. Is it possible to stop rman from trying to back up these archived log files and only backup those that still exist? And if so, what are the implications for restoring at a later date?

Thanks in advance
Colin Received on Mon Nov 05 2001 - 10:51:38 CST