Re: ORACLE8i+APACHE+PHP error ORA-12154

From: Francesco Dini <dini.f_at_adr.it>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 14:49:07 +0000 (UTC)

"Sébastien Le Floc'h" <teknival_at_free.fr> wrote in message news:3be0038d$0$848$626a54ce_at_news.free.fr...

> Hi, somtimes (once a day...) I encounter error ORA-12154 on my web server.
> I restart apache deamon with apachectl then the error disapears ...
> I connect with php ociplogon.
> When the error appears, it is still possible to connect via sqlplus...
>
> Strange, any suggestions ?
>
> Regards
> Seb

It's very strange at a first view.
But you have to check the state of the listener over the server machine or there is an outage over your network.
It's possible also that there is an insufficient number of server processes on the server.
Try to increment this number among the parameters in the init.ora file. Francesco Dini
http://www.francescodini.f2s.com

--
Posted from  [195.94.133.5]