Use of REGR_ functions for Capacity Planning?

From: Martin Schultz <martin.schultz_at_virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 09:40:02 -0000

I have a requirement to take utilisation data (from an external source BUT stored in an 8i Data Warehouse) for the previous 60-90 days and predict what the utilisation might be in 30, 60 and 90 days hence.

At present I believe these figures are calculated using the MS Excel function LINEST(). We would now line to move this functionality into the Oracle back-end and it would appear that the REGR_ functions may be suitable.

Please could anyone advise me on the above and possibly provide examples.

--
Martin Schultz
MSTech Limited