Re: 9i on redhat 7.2

From: Manuel FLURY <manuel.flury_at_amslux.lu>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 10:36:19 +0100

There no need to downgrade binutils :

See this procedure from Berno Strik which works perfectly :

"

Hello,

I'm sorry to have to say this again but this is not true. I 've posted a solution before and here it is again. There is absolutely no reason to downgrade your binutils anymore!!!

Solution:

  1. When you get errors from OUI installer, open a window, and cd to the Oracle Home - installation target location
  2. Set Oracle environment - ORACLE_HOME to this target directory,
  3. Use editor to modify $ORACLE_HOME/bin/genclntsh file, to remove "-z defs" from it(near bottom: library section).
  4. Then run this script $ORACLE_HOME/bin/genclntsh to create Oracle libraries.

Good luck and happy landing.
"