Re: New site address

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 19:32:11 +1100

Comments below
HJR

--

Oracle Resources : http://www.hjrdba.com
=============================

"Dino Hsu" <dino1.nospam_at_ms1.hinet.net> wrote in message

> Dear Howard,
>
> We are proud of what you've done, Howard.
Thank you -but really, pride isn't particularly appropriate, I think. Provided it's useful, that's all that matters.
>I hope this site can become
> an official site for this newsgroup as the contents are mostly the
> joint efforts from it.
Hmmm. This comment I have to reply to, if only because every page on that site has got my name and copyright at the bottom of it, and I wouldn't want anyone to think that I have somehow learnt or purloined stuff from here and then slapped my own imprimatur on it. Every paper that's on that site, and the ones yet to be tarted up and posted there, have been the results of either (a) having to teach the material in class and the attendant preparation work I've had to put in or (b) having to come up with answers to questions from students in class. I have been corrected in some of my contents by some posters here (notably Jonathan Lewis and Thomas Kyte), that's for sure (and I hope I've remembered to include due ackowledgement where appropriate). And I'm perfectly certain that there are a dozen or more regular posters who could come up with material which is just as good, if not better. But to say it's a joint effort... Well, as I say, I wouldn't be so underhand as to claim authorship or copyright on that which others worked out for me. I hope that doesn't make me sound like a know-it-all. It's not supposed to.
>Hopefully, under comp.databases.oracle.* the
> *.misc and *.tools can also be covered in addition to *.server.

Not from me, I'm afraid. I'm a DBA Instructor, and that's quite enough material to have to contend with. Languages, I leave to better qualified people. Me, I can barely knock up a VB program! Regards HJR