Re: Oracle 8.1.7 EE on Windows XP

From: koert54 <koert54_at_nospam.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 11:04:09 GMT

I will install XP at home - I currently have 98se, NT4 and Linux RH7.1... (i'm skipping 2000)
I've heard nothing but good things from all those Wintel admins and hey - it allows me to run server software
together with my favorite games (check out www.mame.dk and www.mame.net :-) ) - this is how windows should
have been from the beginning ...
Having said that - I won't be running Oracle (except from the client stuff) on it - RH7.1 is rock solid running Oracle 8.1.7.0.1, Oracle 9.0.1, IAS9i AND DB2 (!) :-)
You will NEVER EVER be able to run this kind of configuration on one windows XP box - trust me, I've tried. IAS9i for example will not run correctly on it - the problem is all the 8.0.6 crap that comes with it ( like forms/reports server ... ) ... Oracle 9i DB works fine tho ...